Dental emergencies can happen at any time, and it’s important to know what steps to take if you experience an urgent dental issue. Taking appropriate action promptly can help to preserve your beautiful smile and your oral health.
If you suffer an issue such as toothaches or gum pain, abscesses, or damage to the teeth that warrant immediate attention, you can turn to a periodontist to treat these problems and many other urgent matters.
When working with a periodontist, it’s important to know what services you can expect if you experience a dental emergency. Here are a few of the amenities that our practice offers in order for you to access treatment as quickly as possible.
- 24-hour call monitoring
- Personal phone calls from the periodontist or staff
- Same-day treatment in urgent cases
- Fully staffed and equipped dental clinic
- Advanced technology, such as cone beam CT scanners, three-dimensional imaging software and digital radiography, to facilitate rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Prescribing authority to give the patient access to prescription-strength pain management medications
When selecting a periodontal practice, be sure to explore its capacity to provide such emergency care.
It can be tempting to delay seeking treatment when you’re experiencing symptoms, but doing so likely will only make the problem worse and could create the need for a more complex intervention. If you call the periodontist as soon as you develop symptoms–even if it’s outside of normal business hours–then you will be seen and treated more quickly. We will get you scheduled as soon as possible.
You may also want to keep a small dental emergency kit on hand to temporarily address any problems while waiting to be seen at the periodontist’s office. Ask one of our knowledgeable staff members what items you might want to include in your own home dental emergency kit. For more information or to schedule a visit, call our team at 212-756-8890.