Dr. Gottesman recently served as an advisor on the Periodontal Disease Advisory Board for OraPharma, Inc in Short Hills, New Jersey. He disussed the role of Lasers (LANAP™) and local drug delivery (Arestin®) in the treatment of periodontal disease. Other topics of discussion included:
- Why and how are lasers being used in periodontal therapy?
- Are there data to show superiority of laser curettage vs. SRP?
- How effectively do lasers penetrate biofilm?
- What do you think the reimbursement climate will be for lasers now and in future?
- How do different state regulations affect who can and can’t administer treatment with laser therapy?
- Is it appropriate for RDHs to use lasers for periodontal therapy and are there broader safety risks?
- Are there existing data or literature trends that state that LASRP is superior to mechanical SRP?
- Are lasers alone a comprehensive treatment?
- What claim(s) is being made about laser therapy that is not supported by data?
- Are there gaps in the existing evidence? What’s missing, insufficient, lacking?
Click here to view the agenda.